June’s guest top ten comes from Grampian Mountains, formed in north-east Scotland and now transmitting from Glasgow, Grampian Mountains is an independent audio-visual studio specializing in design and art direction for creative industries. Or at least that is what the blurb from his website says. You can find him DJing about Glasgow and Dundee as well as hosting a show on Subcity radio.
• ‘Swiss photobooks from 1927 to the Present‘, by Lars Müller.
• Pharoah Sanders and his band at the Old Fruitmarket, as part of this year’s Jazz Festival.
• Wbeeza – Fallout (Third Ear Recordings). I’ve had this for a year but only now have realised it’s worth.
• ‘Two Years at Sea’ by Ben Rivers
Ok, so this was actually released in May but it’s been discussed in length since.
• Playing records and getting drunk with Al White on the lead up to the opening of his first solo exhibition, ‘Ruins’.
• Backwater Reservoir, Angus
• Nautical charts.
• The prospect of running around Tromsø next year.
• Buying a bike.