This month’s guest top ten come from Julian Shepherd. I’ve posted up some of his mixes before and it was good fun helping him with a radio show on Subcity last year. You can follow Julian on twitter.
1. Turning 30 and being genuinely excited about the moment.
2. Continuing to enjoy my collection of late 80s proto house which has yet to be decimated by the trend locusts swarming through stuffing multiplication symbols between words to make everything sound more interesting when it never was anyway.
3. Hot pickle and shredded pork soup.
4. Kris Van Assche 2013 sunglasses for Linda Farrow.
5. Midori Brass Pens.
6. Upcoming Halvø Shores S/S13 collection.
7. Circular Rhythms – Untitled Document (Scenery Records).
8. Ruf Dug mixtapes.
9. Walks in Derbyshire.
10. Revita Hair Growth Shampoo.
11. Donuts from St. John Bakery.
12. Competing dating disasters as though it’s a premier league fixture.
13. Playing Karriem Riggins – Rhodes Ahead daily as a form of massage.
14. Kerry Katona parodies that wake you up at 3.30 in the morning with their catchy lyrics looping round in the form of self induced nightmare.
15. Wedding invites.
16. That smell in the Chinese supermarket.
17. Ultracity – Bergschrund (Romb)
18. As very funny and memorable birthday presents go, being given a specially hand drawn card and picture from my friends five year old daughter calling me a ‘birthday princess’ before deliberately mooning me twice. Priceless.
19. TNGHT – Higher Ground (Cloudo Happy Hardcore Edit)
20. Investing in those who matter to you and cutting out the users who don’t in return.
21. As a bonus to 20 because we can’t leave the chart on that note, my Mum stocking me up with yet more Acqua Di Parma and rough scouse fishwives talking complete mundanity and still being one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard.