I asked my friend Martyn to do a top ten for November. It is all about going to one of the last ATP weekenders. Here it is!
1) Darko, Dova, Richie, Sab and Toons – a truly awesome chalet crew.
2) Camber Beach
3) Dungeness beach
3) Luxury pies with buckfast gravy
4) Rediscovering the Spicy Guy – 1) take one pint of Guinness and drink a big gulp 2) pour in one glass of morgans spiced and coke (no ice) 3) drink 4) repeat
5) The holy trinity of c*nted – alcohol,sugar, caffeine (see 4))
6) Dancing in the chalet to an iPhone amplified by a massive plastic cooking bowl
7) Watching a lot of Eastbound and Down and Bob’s Burgers on ATP TV
8) Getting a hug from Tim from Les Savy Fav
9) Epic Air hockey and Dance Dance Revolution sessions
10) Watching some bands
1. Arthur Russell – Calling Out Of Context (Rough Trade)
2. Attica Blues on Josey Rebelle’s show on Rinse.fm (Sunday 10th of November)
3. Supreme/Bruce Lee Yellow Crewneck
5. Madlib special on Benji B’s radio show
6. Duong Ngao Thit Lon @ Hanoi Bike Shop
7. Grampian Mountains DJ revelation
8. The tapestry talk @ Stirling Castle
9. The Good War by Studs Terkel
10. Champagne and pineapple @ The Pineapple
I wish I had been able to go to see Veronica Vasicka when shed DJed in Glasgow last year. Check out the interview with Benji B too.
The more I see of the film, the more I am excited by it. It looks suitably eerie. Out in the UK on March the 14th.
The Willie Burns Overlord EP that came out on The Trilogy Tapes last year was one of my favourite records of the year. So when I heard that a new 12″ would be coming out on The Trilogy Tapes later this year I got quite excited. The new 12″ is called Tab of Acid and the b-side is a super acid number, I’m more in to the b-side though. You can check out two tracks below. I’m not sure if there will be anything else on the record.
I recently got hold of this album on vinyl. I’d been after it for a while. I’m really interested in music like this. The early Dopplereffekt material is very similar in mood to this. It has loads of mid to late 90s ideas such as mobile phones, laptops and the internet. I like how this album came out just as I was starting to use the Internet. It takes me back to a time of dial up modems, IRC chatrooms and napster. Check out the track Low Berth below. I keep listening to this over and over and over.