1. Ryokan by Graeme McNee
2. Mark Pritchard – Sad Alron (Warp)
3. Jim Coulter – Harr
4. Linda Perhaps – Parallelograms (Kapp)
5. Ondo Fudd – Blue Dot (The Trilogy Tapes)
6. The Night Manager
7. Lentil soup with caraway
8. Inver pop up @ Bakery47
9. Benji B – A Space Odyssey
10. Gloria Ann Taylor – Love Is A Hurtin’ Thing (Luv’N’Haight)
11. Lee Pen
12. Das Ding – Missing Tapes (Minimal Wave)
13. Ga Muong BBQ @ Hanoi Bike Shop
14. Dust & Grooves Adventures In Record Collecting Book
15. Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max QS Dazzle Camouflage
16. Border Counties Rally
17. Rezzett live @ La Cheetah
18. Bels Butcher’s Pork Pie
19. Steak Sandwich @ Mhor 84
20. Levi’s® Skate Crew Neck Sweatshirt – Wine Tasting Burgundy
I can’t stop listening to this 12″ version of Love Is A Hurtin’ Thing by Gloria Ann Taylor. I really like the drums and the extended intro until she starts singing. It really builds up and I love how it feels a bit sloppy but has a great groove to it and then the vocals kick in. Classic.
I’ve been listening to this album non-stop since hearing it for the first time at the weekend. Linda Perhacs is appearing on the new Mark Pritchard album. I’d heard a track on one of the Folk Is A Four Letter Word compilations that Andy Votel released about 10 years ago. I’d also head the Parallelograms track on a Four Tet mix, but it wasn’t until the weekend I had heard her first album. It’s great! Looking forward to hearing her song on the Mark Pritchard album. Anyway, below is a great little documentary about Linda and her album.
Samoyed is about to re-release his debut album on tape with a few extra tracks. You can listen to one above and I am assuming you’ll be able to buy the album from his bandcamp page. Only 50 copies in a hand woodblocked tape wrap.